Sunday, June 22, 2008

No church today

We were all ready to go to church when two of my children said they didn't feel good....tummy aches : ( So I guess we won't be going. I was looking foward to going as these were the things that were going to be taught:

God Promises His Sovereign Control
1 Corinthians 10:13, God will not allow you to be tempted/tested beyond what you are able.

God Promises His Presence
Hebrews 13:5, God Himself has said, "I will never leave you, nor will I ever forsake you." So that we may confindently say, "The Lord is my helper! I will not be afraid! What can man do to me?"

God Promises His Grace
2 Corinthians 12:9, The Lord said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."

God Promises an Incomparable, Eternal Glory
Romans 8:18, I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

God Promises the Victory
John 16:33, Jesus said to His disciples, "In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."



Well I think I will run out and pick up some paint samples for the girls' room . I think I will cordinate the colors like this website showed . Both girls like the idea of the blue color for the sky with white clouds painted overtop & the bottom part of the wall a soft pink color. I'm not the artistic type but I'm going to take a stab at painting the clouds myself. I found a few websites that give what seems like easy instructions on sponge painting clouds. So will see. If I ever get a new digital camera....I would like to do a before and after picture of the room. Maybe I'll take pictures with my regular camera & scan them onto my computer.



Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Grace and peace to you... said...

I am sorry your kiddos weren't feeling good yesterday. Hopefully they are better now. I am writing in here to say that I am having to take an indefinate leave of absence from blogging or the reading of other's blogs. It has become a consuming thing for me so I have to do what I know is right in my own heart and lay it aside for now. I am so touched, humbled and deeply honored that you would choose to link to me. I am sorry if this is disappointing to you in any way... I am a little sad to say goodbye to people like you who are such an encouragement to me. But, for now, I've got a lot of good stuff to live out as I've learned a lot from you and others like you. Resources like Raising Godly Tomatoes and Above Rubies are printed, on paper, things that I can sit down in the baby pool with my kids and read. Not so with online time. My computer is not centrally located in my house and blogs demand so much more of my attention as they are relationship based. It's hard to just put them down.

You have a BEAUTIFUl family and you are a BEAUTIFUL young woman. It was so generous of you to post pics. My husband wanted me to remain completely annonymous and was not real happy about the pics I did post. That makes it hard to because fellow bloggers really appreciate a face with the posts. Anyway, need to sign out but I wanted to let you know that I've appreciated your sweet comments, the advice you've given me and the posts on your site. If we were neighbors, I have no doubt we'd be friends.

God bless you in this day and for all your days to come!

Buildeth Her House said...

grace & peace to you......What a wonderful & Godly lady you are. You are putting your family first. I understand where you are coming from. I too go back and forth about having a blog & reading blogs....it can be a time waster. I do like to have a blog as a journal of sorts. It's free and a fun way to write about family memories/with pictures....spirital growth etc. I suppose I could take up scrapbooking/journaling but that's not free : ) Once we start homeschooling full time again, I don't know how much time I will have to blog......I may just give it up myself.
Best wishes to you! I believe you are making a good choice!