Friday, June 27, 2008

Swimming & Cleaning & Horses Oh My!

Yesterday the kids had their first full & warm day of swimming in the pool. Unfortunatley they got a sunburn. My youngest sun had a rough night, not being able to sleep because of it. We were suppose to go to a picnic today but decided not to so they could stay out of the sun . I spent my day doing some usual cleaning. I mopped the kitchen floor , laundry room floor , & the 1/2 bathroom off of the laundry room . I had to use bleach water as it was pretty bad. I usually use vinegar and water (my MIL taught me this, so I've been doing it since we were first married 16 years ago). I also wiped down the stove, refrigerator,dishwasher, washer, dryer and the wall in the hallway (it was pretty bad) with vinegar & water. I cleaned the toilet in the 1/2 bath (that's never a fun job but somebody has to do it). I made dinner, we actually ate early : ) then we went to my son's baseball game. We came home and watched an episode of Daniel Boone. We've watched every episode of season 2 and picked up Season One when we were at the library this week. I would have preferred to watch them in order but they didn't have season one checked in the first time around.

On a funny note.....I had to stop typing because when I looked out the window the neighbor's horse (across the road) was running through our front yard! It looks so strange to see such a big animal running toward your house. Well anyway the horse went back home. This isn't the first time the he's done this. I think he must just want to come over and play with the kids or the dogs : )

I should get going.....my plans for today are to go to the drug store and find something for my kids' sunburn. This Banana Boat aloe vera gel doesn't seem to be helping. I would also like to rearrange my bedroom placing our bed on the wall by the windows....hopefully we can feel the cool breeze a little better. I would like to take a look at digital cameras too....it would have been great to take a picture of that horse running through our yard : )

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

prov31rj said...

Sorry about the sunburn. I hope it gets better soon.

I was smiling at the story of looking out your window to see a horse coming to your yard. We live in the country and see all sorts of sights our here.

Good for you for getting all that cleaning done. I was a slug this week while dd was at VBS. I just basically took some time for myself. I will call it "personal days". LOL

Have a great weekend.