Thursday, July 17, 2008

Blogger Recognition

I got this idea from Amy's Place , although I don't know exactly how this award thing works & I don't know how to get the picture of the award onto my blog : ) So I'll just do it my way ; ) I want to recognize 5 blogs that have been an encouragement or inspiration to me. I'm only picking 5 because that's what Amy suggested but that does mean I have not been encouraged by other bloggers, especially those on my bloglist.

1. Claim the Mountain ~ Robin is a very smart lady with lots of wisdom........I especially enjoyed her posts on the Modern Church.

2. Sojourner in a Strange Land ~ I love Stephanie's simple lifestyle. They are completely debt free.......even down to their home. I love her laundry soap recipe using Zote soap. I had never heard of Zote before but was so pleased when I found it at Dollar General. Now I'm making a laundry soap that I like a lot & saving a lot of money in the mean time. Stephanie is just a young mom but has alot of good life experience . She's preserves alot of her food & makes her own tinctures. She amazes me.

3. Family Memories ~ Nancy has had 2 very heartbreaking losses. She is a perfect example of perseverance. She surely clings to her Saviour.

4. Proverbs 31 Lady - A Work in Progress ~ She is a newer blogger but I like her style. She shows her desire to be a Godly wife, mother, & homemaker . She clears up some of the misconceptions that are out there in blogland of what a Godly woman is. She's REAL. I especially liked her post More On Spiritual Issues.

5. Blueberry Cottage ~ Last but not least is Suzanne. I love her blog it is so homey . I can just picture her quaint little home in New England. She's a very crafty & creative lady.

7 comments:

claimthemountain said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you for this recognition! I give it all to our Lord. I am only being an obedient servant in writing as He leads.

(btw...you won the giveaway on my blog! I promise it was done totally with a random number picker thing!)

Blessings!

prov31rj said...

Oh, you are so sweet to mention my blog as an inspiration to you. :)

I don't know what to say since I sure don't feel very inspiring. I just muddle my way through and God watches over me and helps me make it through each day. I sometimes think I am one of his more "difficult" children. LOL

Thanks for the regular visits and comments to my blog. :)

Carrie said...

Awwww! What a great post!! I love the idea too! I will definitely have to check out these blogs you've highlighted!! Great job!! I love Claim the mountain too! She's one sweet lady!!

Carrie @ http://2livinglightly.blogspot.com/

Mrs Amy said...

What a wonderful idea to carry on the recognition!! Yea!! I know that I get so much encouragement and blessings that finding 5 was a real challenge!! :)Good for you to carry it on, we need to take time to thank those who encourage and bless us!
So THANK YOU!!!

Shannon said...

It was nice to visit a few new blogs on those recommendations- thanks! Visit me if you have the chance today- I have a few new videos posted.

Suzanne said...

Thank you so much for the little award:-) How very sweet of you to pick me and I am as happy as a clam to know I have encouraged you in some way!

Nancy said...

Thank you so much Such an encouragement! You now I was leaving you an award on my blog, but I am not even sure of your first name now. Was it Sue? Not sure if you did already tell me, but anyway , I have something for you on my blog in a few minutes.