Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Buildeth Her House No More....

Okay, I'm not trying to be difficult by changing the name of my blog : ) Actually "His tender Mercies" is the name I originally had on my blog, that I deleted months back. I wasn't sure about the name "Buildeth Her House" for one reason. I don't want people to think that I have it all together......"Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1. I'm not so wise & still have alot to learn........I'm more of a fool than anything : ) Proverbs 14: 1 is more of a verse of hope/vision for me.......someone I want to become. I want to be a wife and mother that builds up her home and the people in it. I don't want to tear them down with my words, bad attitudes, impatient ways, selfishness, etc. I want my family to be encouraged by me .....not to feel discouraged & defeated & feel like they can't come to me with any problem, no matter what it may be. I want my husband to come home from work at night to a loving wife....... not a complainer. I want my children, even when they are grown to want to come for visits and have fond memories of the life they lived here & to know that they and their families are truly loved & accepted by me. I know I mess up and I know I will continue to mess up & may not live up to these hopes I have. So having said all that I feel that "His Tender Mercies" is more fitting because I need His tender mercies & His grace on those days that I screw up and am "the fool that plucketh her house down with her hands."

" The Lord is good to all: His tender mercies are over all His works." Pslam 145:9 . God gave me this verse after the birth of my daughter 2 years ago....it is special to me. This is how I want people to see me.......that the only reason I have anything good in my life or that I'm even here is because God's been so tenderly merciful to me.

1 comment:

prov31rj said...

I like your new blog name. :)
I completely understand what you are saying about why you changed the name.

So many times I am the foolish woman instead of the wise woman. :)

Praise God for His mercies!