Friday, July 11, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

My kids were feeling alot better this morning but I took them to their doctors appointment anyway this afternoon. None of them have sinus infections (that suprised me) just a virus, which the doctor said she's been seeing alot of lately. The doctor did do a rapid strep throat test on my 2 older daughters.....both were negative. She thought my oldest daughter looked like she had strep for sure, so she did the more accurate test that has to be sent out to a lab. I should hear something by Tuesday.

When the doctor was listening to my 7 year old's heart.....she discovered a heart murmur. She wants him to have an echocardiogram so I need to take him to a Pediatric Cardiologist who will then determine what tests to do.

My oldest son had a murmur when he was younger too...... which I hear is fairly common. The doctor had me take him to a a pediatric cardioligist for an echocardiogram. When I got there they only did an EKG which could have been done in our pediatricians office. So he never did get the echocardiogram. Today at the doctors office the doctor didn't hear a heart murmur on him......... so I suppose it went away over time, which I hear most do. I had one as a child that I no longer have either.


Well that was my day : )




3 comments:

LadyLydiaSpeaks said...

Thanks for the nice post on my blog. I love the window with the curtains in the breeze on your front page. That is one of the greatest blessings of being at home-to experience things like this.

His Tender Mercies said...

I just recently took that photo. It was a pleasantly warm day with a nice breeze coming through the window....making the curtains flow. I thought it looked pretty : )

prov31rj said...

My dd also has a heart murmur. I took her to a cardiologist when she was smaller, and all they did was an EKG. Then they had her jump up and down in place and then they listened to her heart. They said she was fine and it was just a benign murmer.

Last time she saw her pediatrician, the Dr. said she could barely hear it.