Friday, July 18, 2008

Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats


My daughter and I made these yummy treats yesterday....they are one of our favorites. I am gluten sensitive so I try to follow a gluten free diet as much as possible. I made these using Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice cereal. They also have butterscotch chips in it. The butterscotch chips I bought have barley protein in it.....so you may want to leave them out & just replace them with another bag of choc. chips if you have problems with gluten.



Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup corn syrup
6 cups rice crispies
2 TB butter
1 small package choc. chips
1 small package butterscotch chips
1. Melt butter, corn syrup, and sugar over medium heat until dissolved
2. Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Mix until smooth.
3. Combine with rice crispies
4. Press onto a cookie sheet using a sandwich bag
5. Melt chips together in microwave
6. Pour over rice crispies & smooth
7. Place in fridge or freezer to chill

3 comments:

prov31rj said...

Oh no, you had to post something that looks so yummy and tempting. LOL

It's enough to make me want to jump off the low carb eating plan.

They look great.

Nancy said...

Yummmmmm.... Lately I have been eating healthier. It is getting easier to give up junk. I think next week I will do some heathy meal planning.
(glad you didn't make your blog private!)

Mrs Amy said...

Ohh they look soo good! Andrew just looked and the picture and asked me when I was going to make them for him!! I gotta figure out some of the ingredents first...