My daughter and I made these yummy treats yesterday....they are one of our favorites. I am gluten sensitive so I try to follow a gluten free diet as much as possible. I made these using Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice cereal. They also have butterscotch chips in it. The butterscotch chips I bought have barley protein in it.....so you may want to leave them out & just replace them with another bag of choc. chips if you have problems with gluten.
Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup corn syrup
6 cups rice crispies
2 TB butter
1 small package choc. chips
1 small package butterscotch chips
1. Melt butter, corn syrup, and sugar over medium heat until dissolved
2. Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Mix until smooth.
3. Combine with rice crispies
4. Press onto a cookie sheet using a sandwich bag
5. Melt chips together in microwave
6. Pour over rice crispies & smooth
7. Place in fridge or freezer to chill