Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pickle Relish

I had the best intentions to not let anything in the garden go to waste but let me tell you these cucumbers are getting ahead of me : ) If you can see in the picture below, that's just some of the cucumbers I have left still . Today I was busy making this sweet pickle relish It was alot more work than the pickles I made recently but it turned out better. I did make sure I used pickling salt this time and I changed the recipe a little. I used all sweet red peppers & vidalia onion & used only about half of what the recipe called for. I'm thinking I'll make more but I'll have to go to the store to buy more onion, cider vinegar, and peppers. If not I think I will be putting the rest of the cucumbers at the end of my drive with a FREE sign : ) I can't wait to use the relish though. I can think of all kinds of ways to use it....on hot dogs, in tuna , chicken, egg salad, potato salad, etc.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

These look just great--I would love to receive one as a gift:-)

prov31rj said...

That looks so yummy. I haven't had homemade pickles or relish since I was a kid. LOL You really do have lots of cucumbers, huh?

Enjoy the relish , it sounds delicious.

Mrs Amy said...

Oh they look soooo good...yummy :)