Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Something Old Is New Again

This picture was taken off our back deck



Since deciding to keep my blog a little more private I deleted all the posts that had pictures of my family & me in it. It just happened to be that our pool (other wise known as the globe trotter) was in one of those posts. Someone was wanting to get rid of this 23 year old pool... we took it down, put it back up in our yard, fixed it up, cleaned it up, and it looks like new. It was rather inexpensive too as far as pools go. What a great feeling to know that with a little work & alot less money we can have something nice like this. It's been a blessing to us. We've been able to have an enjoyable summer without having to go anywhere.






5 comments:

Suzanne said...

The pool looks great! WE love ours too, just enough to cool off in and have fun:-) I hear you on sharing pics, I often wonder myself . I stay away from those controversial blogs and don't comment anymore, I think very confrontational kind of people frequent those. No thanks..LOL!

Jennifer said...

I am curious. What type of pool is that. It looks like an inground from the photo looking down on it. But from your deck, it looks like an above ground like I have never seen. I have seen round and oval above grounds, but none like this. If you have any info, please let me know. This looks perfect for us as we have been considering a pool.

Thanks,
Jennifer

His Tender Mercies said...

Hi Jennifer.... This pool is a Kayak pool.Fanta Sea is another pool similar to the Kayak. The deck @ railings are aluminum. The walls are wood. If you search the internet you can probably find something. The company we ordered our replacement parts from is called Leisure Living.

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much. I am definitely going to check into it. I showed my husband your photos, and he said that would be a great option. I just found your blog the other day, but I have enjoyed reading it so far. I look forward to visiting often.

His Tender Mercies said...

This pool was an answer to some little children's prayers & a mama too : )

We would have not been able to buy this pool new so we really were blessed to find it used.

Thanks for stopping by ~ look foward to hearing from you again : )