Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summertime Blessings


On the way to the grocery store this afternoon I stopped at a garage sale. They are summertime blessings. I wish I had more time & gas money to go to more of them. I got these two pictures today for 50 cents a piece. I thought they were pretty & the colors go well in my kitchen...so that's where they're hanging. I don't really like the color of the frames . I want to paint them but I'm not sure what color. Since they will be in the kitchen I think the frames looks too formal. So I'm thinking of painting it a creamy off white color or a hunter green. What do you think? I need help deciding.

After we ate dinner this evening we all went into the pool. We've had the pool open for over a month now and my two year old wouldn't go in it until this past Sunday. She would protest loudly everytime we tried to take her in. So I just followed the advice of the Water Babies video that I borrowed from the library. Just give her time. We went to visit my Dad on Sunday & while we were there he gave my 2 yr old, arm floaties & a cute little pair of goggles. I guess that was all she needed because when we got home she WANTED to go in the pool & she got right in. She's still a little leary , she hangs on tight but she warming up to the water. I was able to start the first step in teaching her to swim. Getting her feet behind her, me holding her tightly as I move her legs to kick her feet. She got her little feet moving : ) So I'll give her some more time with that before we move on to the next step.I love the summer!! Sometimes the heat is just unbearable but now that we have the pool it makes summer even better. We live out in the country and sometimes winter just seems so long out here....everything is so bare & desolate but when spring and summer arrives it's like a whole new world & I can't imagine living any other place. I love when I'm standing at the kitchen sink looking out into the front yard.... everything is so bright & wide open. Sometimes I just can't believe that God would want to bless us with this beautiful place to live......I feel so fortunate. The above picture is the view of our front yard from the driveway. I just love the old farmhouse across the road : )

2 comments:

prov31rj said...

Oh, I love garage sales. I have not been able to get out to many lately, but I need to start. Those pictures you found are so beautiful and for fifty cents! That's a great find.

I am glad your two year old is finally enjoying the pool. It will probably be a "want to do everyday" thing from now on. LOL

Oldqueen44 said...

Wow you live in a pretty place.
Nice garage sale find.