Sunday, August 17, 2008

Finished Blanket

Today 3 of my children & I made this fleece blanket that requires no sewing. It goes rather quickly when you have help. It took us an hour from start to finish. This is for a new little baby girl that was born last week , to a couple that is a part of our church family.

It is summer & she won't be needing it for awhile but here in the Northen United States, it gets down right cold, especially when the lake affect snow hits us from the Great Lakes. A warm fleece blanket is a must : )
This is the front of the blanket....isn't so cute & bright & cheery

This is the back side of the blanket. The pinks & black cordinate well with the front.
I used a yard and half of each fabric to make it. It's nice because a baby won't grow out of it quickly, since it's larger than most baby blankets. My daughter is 2 1/2 & still drags her blanket around , especially for cuddle time on the couch.


2 comments:

Kneelingwoman said...

Hi; this is "Kneelingwoman" over at Closetotheroot.blogspot.com....thank you reading my blog and for posting such a lovely comment! I like your blog too; very, very nice! Shall we "link" up? I'm guessing that you too live in Michigan? Whereabouts? You may e mail me, if you like, at Kneelingwoman@wowway.com Thank you again! P.S. the blanket is just adorable! My sister in law made some like that for us as Christmas gifts a couple of years ago and I just love them!

Bren said...

I love the pink and black together. It makes special that the kids helped you!