Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pretty in Pink

Now that summer is winding down I find myself scurrying to get those summer projects done. Yesterday my older children and I spent the whole day painting my daughters' bedroom. In the evening I helped my husband hang the border. When we moved in this house 2 1/2 years ago we worked on the boys bedroom first ,because , to put it bluntly it was ugly & not at all masculine: ) The girls room was fine but not their own style, so it was time to get to work. Here's some pictures :





My girls picked out this border because they love horses! It was hard to match the paint to the border, but this is what the girls liked. It's bright, pretty, & PINK : )


The sky blue/green color on the top of the wall is supposed to be the sky. I still have to paint some clouds & stencil some bumble bees, dragonflies, & butterflies on it. That will be a weekend project, but the good thing is , the big project of painting & hanging the border is done. Nothing matches in the room now, but eventually I will get some matching quilts for the girls. In the middle of the two beds is my 2 yr old daughter's transition bed . We've tried periodically to get her to sleep in with her big sisters. We use these mats that fold up into chairs for her to sleep on. She loved sleeping in her newly decorated room last night : )

8 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! Pink is so pretty!!! Great job!!

Nancy said...

Wow! That is Beautiful!

Gluten free Kay said...

What girl wouldn't love that girlie decor?! I especially love the quilts. They make the the beds look so inviting. I love sleeping under the quilts my grandma and aunts made. It's like they are tucking me in.

Joyfull said...

So beautiful! Perfect for a little girls. Love it.

Bren said...

Gorgeous!! Makes me want to be a little girl again!!!

Melissa said...

Very pretty! What a special room for your girls!

Shannon said...

Oh, how sweet! I always wanted a room like that as a girl but we were poor- no $$$ for decorations. And I have four boys, so no pink in this house!

Tanya - Lilyofthevalley said...

What a lovey room! It is just what my girls would like. We are building a new house, I will keep this idea in mind for when we do the girls room. They would be thrilled!!