Thursday, August 14, 2008

Slowing Down

I guess my blogging is slowing down....I don't really have much to write about. My mind has been preoccupied with some thoughts/worries, that I've been slowly giving to the Lord. I've also been making more of an effort to study/read God's word these past few days. I know that reading it doesn't take away my problems or worries but it makes my burdens a little lighter knowing I can go to the Lord & be comforted through His word & talking with Him through prayer.

Lately I have been so overwhelmed by the difficulties I see so many going through. Not only do I feel compassion for them but it also causes me to worry for my own family & their well being. These worries & people, I know I just need to give to the Lord in prayer, as soon as they come to my mind.

If your interested here is a 2008 Bible Reading Plan, to print off & keep handy in your Bible. It's what I've been using for personal Bible time. I've been doing my daily readings in the evening, when I go to bed. Although, I think I'm going to split it up & do half of it in the morning before I get out of bed & the other half in the evening when I get into bed. I have to do it this way. It seems it's just never quiet enough to do it any other time : )

Here is a verse that I'm going to work on quoting during the day when I feel tempted to yell at or have an unpleasant tone/words with my kids. I think I will have them work on it as well.....they can use pretty unpleasant words with each other as well.

Proverbs 16:24 ~ Pleasant words are a honeycomb
Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

Well I'm gonna go and bake some cookies.

Have a Spirit led day!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I'll be praying for you! We all have seasons that are tough. I think I use the very same reading plan (or it's similar!)! I tend to read at night too since I have a hard time making time for it the mornings. I need to work on that!! I hope things get better and I hope you'll post those cookies you're baking!! ;-)

His Tender Mercies said...

Thank you Carrie for your prayers!

The cookies I'm making are your C. Chip cookie recipe ; )

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing your struggles. I like the verse you're memorizing. I don't have kids yet, but I know I don't always use the best tone with my hubby. That verse really makes you think twice before speaking.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm just about to put up a good bean dip recipe if you want to check it out.