Saturday, August 16, 2008

What I've Been Doing

Yesterday we spent a few hours at the park, taking pictures of my oldest son for a yearly school picture. I finally got some great shots. I went to Walmart last night & printed out the rest of the pictures & bought a few more frames. I hung up all 5 picutures, that I took of my children, on our family room wall. They look so nice & I'm really happy with how they turned out & I saved some money too. They look just as nice if not nicer than something that would have been professionally done, at least I think so : )

While I was at Walmart I picked out some fleece fabric to make a no sew blanket for a friend that had her second baby this week. I was so excited for her, hearing about the arrival of her baby. Her first child was in a breech postion & just wouldn't pudge. So a c-section was needed. With her second baby, thankfully the baby turned into the head down position, although her doctor was giving her to her due date to go into labor or it would be a repeat c-section. It is not safe to induce a labor after a c-section, so that was not an option for her. I was overjoyed to hear she gave birth on her due date after a rather short labor. God had answered their prayers in the way they had hoped. It was definately His doing....I know very few women that have their babies on their due dates ; )

Well when I get the blanket done I will post a picture....it's the cutest fabric : )

1 comment:

Bren said...

I love the picture in your header!
I have done a few no sew fleece blankets. The kids love them.