Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of School

Today was our first day of homeschool for the new school year and it went fairly well. I had been very enthusiastic about starting until yeterday when some newer family problems developed. I tend to dwell on things and let it ruin my day, but God was gracious and intervened, allowing our day to be a pleasant & joyful one : ) Thank you Carrie for your prayers!

My 2 and a half year old daughter was pretty funny to watch today. I bought her several new things to keep her occupied during the homeschool day. She made sure she went to the home school closet and tried out ALL of her new stuff : ) I think I'm going to have to rotate some of the stuff, so she doesn't get bored : )
I got her a Play Dough Beach Creations bucket, the cutest little chunky markers that encourage her to put the lids back on because they make animals sounds when she does. I got her My Little Pony Memory game, crayons, paper, Hello Kitty coloring book, glue stick, & paper, and Mrs. Potato Head.

As my children were practicing their handwriting skills/cursive, I included her in homeschooling by printing out a handwriting worksheet with the first letter of her name , that she could trace. I'm not expecting her to be able to trace it but thought it would just be away for her to recognize the first letter of her name. I think I will just print out a sheet with the letters of her name, so she will get use to how it's spelled. I found a great website where you can make your own handwriting worksheets, using any letters you like. It's called the Amazing Handwriting Worksheet Maker .

I also have to recommend Apologia's Physical Science on CD ROM. My son who is in the 9th grade is enjoying it tremendously!

So that's it for today.

1 comment:

Luvs2BMommy said...

Hello, glad you had a much better day today. i will lift up your family, I understand because my family (both sides, how do you like that :) are crazy! LOLO Hey, in our weakness HE is strong, right :)

Where did you get those markers that make sounds when you put the tops back on, I MUST HAVE THEM!?

Many Blessings :)
Ace