Monday, September 15, 2008

I Have To Remind Myself......

..................that this is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it......even if it is Monday : ) Our school days can be a challenge, even if it's not a Monday, but add Monday, a high energy 7 year old son and a potty training 2 1/2 year old to the mix and well let's say it's not always that fun.

My 7 year old son is very intelligent but has a hard time sitting still and paying attention to what he needs to be hearing & doing......today was very much like that : ) So I'm grateful we were able to end the day with something enjoyable for him, reading the book How to Make an Apple Pie and See The World & then making an apple pie , following the recipe at the end of the story. As I was helping my son make the pie, my 2 year old daughter had to go potty, so I had my 10 year old run her to the bathroom. She made it, no accidents : ) We reward her with two M n Ms for her effort. It sounds strange but I keep the M n Ms in a cupboard, up high, in my bathroom. So my 10 year old daughter asked if she could get 2 M n Ms for her sister......I said yes. Well I needed to take a bathroom break myself....... I left my 7 year old son telling him to wash off the apples, so we could peel them. I know that's strange, they are going to be peeled so why wash them off?.....I like to be cautious.
Well when I went into the bathroom I discovered my 10 year old daughter cleaning up M n Ms that she had dropped , that had scattered all over the floor and into the shower! My 2 year old was frantically picking them up off the floor and the shower and eating them as fast as she could : ) Oh what joy! One good thing about this happening is that when my daughter was cleaning the M n Ms out of the shower she found my earring , that I lost this morning and couldn't find : )
When I went back into the kitchen my 7 year old son told me he had washed them off. I looked at the apples where I left them on the counter. I told him they didn't looked washed off...they weren't even wet. He said no he washed of the apple peelers that we were going to use to peel the apples : ) Hmmmmm....see what I mean?
I have to laugh, another time recently, my husband told our 7 year old son to go change his clothes. He disappears for awhile , comes back with the same clothes on. My husband asked him what he was doing and why he hadn't changed his clothes? My son responded "Oh! I thought you told me to go wash my toes!" That was what he was doing, washing his toes : ) He didn't question at all why his dad would ask him to go wash his toes! LOL!
The Pie We Made Today

5 comments:

Flying said...

YUM!!!! Looks pretty.

Carrie said...

that is just beautiful!! I love how kids interpret things!! You just have to love them to pieces!!

prov31rj said...

Oh, that is so funny about your ds washing his toes. LOL

Thanks for sharing a part of your day with us. It made me smile. I can just see your little one with the m&m's on the bathroom floor "helping" pick them up and eating them. LOL

So cute. Even if it didn't seem like it at the time.

Glad you found the earring.

Nancy said...

I am feeling much like you did a while ago, just not sure if I want to keep my blog public or not. So far I did, but have changed some things for safety reasons. For one thing I have a new URL... Thought I would let you know. It is
http://allseasonsoflife.blogspot.com/ So you may want to change it on your list there. Let me know if you have any problems with that.

Nancy said...

I think this is where I left you a comment about changing my blog. That would be odd if you didn't get it!