Friday, September 19, 2008

No Place Like Home

After the week I had it was wonderful to wake up this morning and be reminded that there will be no homeschooling today! It's supposed to be a beautiful day....so I think we will spend as much time as possible outside. I thought I would clean the outside of my windows & the inside on a rainy day. Looking out clean sparkling windows at the autumn scenery has always been one of my favorite things. It brings back memories of our first house. My husband built it and I helped where I could. I remember it was October of 1997 and we were finishing up the house and getting ready to move in. I enthusiastically cleaned those windows and remember how spectacular the autumn trees looked out those crystal clear windows that surrounded our little house in the woods. Those are fond memories I have of that house that I still miss sometimes, 2 and a half years after moving from it.

We lived there 9 years but for some reason it seemed much longer......like a lifetime. I suppose it could be because it was our first home that we bought. We had 2 small children (2 & 3 years) when we moved in. When we moved out we had 5 children, two of which were born in our bedroom of that home.

There is so much I would like to do to this house to make it feel as homey as that place did. We are getting there, but money is always an issue : ) So I thought a cheap inexpensive way to get there would be to make my windows sparkling clean to view the beautiful land God has blessed us with in this home.

Change is hard sometimes but God is in control. I can't help but think that even though God blesses us with so much ,like our homes, He allows change, like a move, so we don't get too comfortable in this life. He wants our desire and main focus to be on our heavenly home : )

1 comment:

prov31rj said...

So true. I hope your clean windows and Autumn view bring you joy. :)

There is much that needs to be done to my home and money stands in the way. Yet, I am thankful for what I have. I figure that the Lord can take care of my home and He will hold it together until we can afford to do the repairs. :)

I don't do a lot of home decorating due to lack of finances, but I am considering going to the Dollar Store and getting a few fall decorations.

Where I live, there is not a big change in the leaves or anything. The one good thing is that it becomes cooler and we can run the A/C less.