Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Defeated?

I have to say I'm dissappointed and a little worried that Barack Hussein Obama is now our president. What does this mean for us now? What does the future hold? I've heard so many speculations, some very frightening, but yet I still have hope because I know God is Sovereign and I'm trusting in his truths. His truths (His word) as Christians should give us hope & peace. We should know that we have not been defeated, that God has not been defeated.

"There is no authority except that which God has established . The authorities that exist have been established by God.......For [ the ruler] is God's servant to do you good." Rom. 13:1 &4

God is wise beyond measure & sovereign , EVEN when He permits rulers to go against his revealed will . I have to admit I cringe when I see all the Obama supporters celebrating over his victory. It's difficult as humans to understand/accept that, but we are not God & not everything is for us to understand. I found the following quote from a timely Bible study book that I am reading (Trusting God ~ Even when Life Hurts) to be encouraging " And we should remember that God works in history from an eternal perspective, whereas we tend to view the outworking of history from a temporal perspective" This should give us hope that there is a bigger picture, although we may not see it all clearly right now, God does, and He is in control of it!

So what do we do now? Do we just sit back passively and say "what will be will be" because God is in control. No, we pray and I believe that those prayers should be as Paul says in 1 Timothy 2: 1-3 " I urge you , first of all, to pray for all people. As you make your requests, plead for God's mercy upon them, and give thanks. Pray this way for kings and all others in authority, so that we can live in peace and quietness, in godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our savior."

The verses below really encouraged me because I believe it reveals the greatness , power, and control that God has over rulers. I hope it brings you encouragement as well." He brings princes to naught and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing. No sooner are they planted, no sooner are they sown, no sooner do they take root in the ground, than he blows on them and they wither, and a whirlwind sweeps them away like chaff." Isaiah 40:23-24
Evil will not prevail!

3 comments:

thislittlehouse said...

Oh I so needed to hear this. You said it all so well. I am feeling so discouraged right now. Thank you for your inspired words of wisdom, faith and hope.

Katie said...

Thank you for this post and encouraging us with God's Word. I had similar sentiments in my post this morning. Have a great day!

Nancy said...

I should look into what your new president is about a bit more. I have been praying for the US... but I guess I need to know more...
Very well said here!

About the Bible Study...I will Get back to you on that yet.... Maybe I will start this on a seperate page(blog) and I could add those who are intersted as writers on it as well. What do you think?