Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Working Out Is For The Birds!

I decided it was time to get serious about exercising. I'll admit I am out of shape! I do get some exercise in the summer by walking mostly and riding my bike sometimes, but come winter time I do nothing. Well, I was at Walmart last week and saw an exercise ball that included an exercise DVD for $13.....I was very encouraged. This morning I decided to try it out. I wouldn't say it was difficult; however, I did stick to the basics exercises for beginners. The most difficult thing about it was staying balanced on the ball. I did fairly well , finishing the entirety of the workout, but then........................I began to feel nauseous. Who feels nauseous after exercising? Only me of course : ) So I decided to look up info about it on the web. Well there are a few simple explanations to why I might have felt sick to my stomach.

1. Exercising on a completely empty stomach
2. Being dehydrated
3. Eating sweets just before exercising
4. Exercising right after eating

I did not eat breakfast....that's probably the culprit.....I hope. I rested , waiting for my stomach to settle....it settled a little and I decided I would just have to eat to make my tummy feel better. Well it feels most of the way better but I'm still feeling a little icky! Boy is this discouraging......if there aren't enough distractions and obstacles to overcome when it comes to starting an exercise routine....nausea has to be one of them!?!?

I have a little more time to rest because the kiddos are helping their dad stack some firewood before we start our homeschooling for the day. I should have just helped stack firewood, hey it's exercise, and I probably wouldn't have gotten nauseous doing it : ) Well I'm off to sip on some ginger ale and hopefully have a better day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. It's Rebecca. :) I haven't been on my computer for a while. I am glad I didn't miss much although I expected to. I agree. Excercise is for the birds. I just hate it. I think it's hard for busy mom's. I am sorry you got sick while doing it. It is that and not something else, isn't it??? ;)

I desperately need to excercise. I am terribly out of shape and I know I would feel better if I did. I am trying to figure out what and when and right now with how I've been feeling....how!?

Good luck with finding something that works for you. My neighbor uses a ball for her work outs and she loves it. She's done it for two years now.

You do not look out of shape by the way. You look wonderful. But I do not have a weight problem either and am horribly out of shape. Excercise is good and we do need it for our health and longevity and just to feel good. Our work is not as laborous as our foremothers so we have to make the time to move our bodies more. Keep us posted on what you come up with and if you got to feeling better.

Rebecca S.

prov31rj said...

I know what you mean about exercising. I have lost weight, and I want to keep it off. I have the eating plan pretty much down pat, but I can't stand exercise.

What I have been doing is recording shows off of Fit TV and then doing them at my convenience. This way I don't have to spend money, and I get a variety of workouts. I have been taping some yoga workouts and I like those. I have a history of back pain, and I have to be careful of what type of exercise I do. I can't do a lot of "high impact" workouts.

When the weather warms up, I like to get out and go for daily walks. Of course, my plans often fall through.

As far as nausea, I bet it was the lack of breakfast. I have become a big proponent of starting the day with a good breakfast and some protein.:)

It's good to be back blogging and reading again. I will blog about my nutrition and supplements today.

I think I did get the Christmas ecard. Thanks.

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

Hey there...you posted on my blog a LONG time ago and so I was just paying you a visit. I LOVE your new kitchen floor. Also, I keep wanting to get serious about exercise but every time I make this resolution I come up pregnant. :)

Redneck Homekeeper Extraordinaire said...

Hey, don't feel bad--there are mornings when I feel pukey after exercising, too! The only reason I make myself stick with it is because it's doctor-ordered...otherwise I'd probably just say FORGET IT! Oh well...hope that your days have been better!