Monday, March 16, 2009

Redecorating Project

It's been a long time coming but we are finally making a little progress on our master bathroom. Last March my husband ripped out the old shower and put a bigger newer one in. It wasn't brand new but nice and FREE. So after replacing it he had to build a wall on the one side of the shower and hung some drywall. He taped and mudded it. Well over the weekend we primed the walls. The drywall is going to need some touching up since it sat for so long without any paint to seal it up. So hopefully soon I will be able to do the "finish" painting after all the prep work is done.

We are doing this on a tight budget. So far I spent around $29 for the primer and the rollers to paint with. I found some vinyl tiles for the floor that will cost about $65....maybe a little more, we haven't purchased them yet though. We have to replace the flooring because when we tore out the old shower, it left a bare spot where there was no flooring, not to mention the flooring had come up in several spots and water got underneath because of the old shower. The water getting under the linoleum caused some mold to grow.

I do have a few other decorating ideas floating around in my head but first things first. I plan to post before and after pictures...hopefully it doesn't take too long : )

7 comments:

SimpleMommy said...

I *love* it when we get to redecorate....and especially when it's really cheap! :)

I've done several rooms in my decorating history with those floor tiles. LMK if you have any questions!

It's super easy & the results are great for the money! depending on what you're looking at, I also like them on a diagonal.

How exciting!

His Tender Mercies said...

Simple Mommy...so glad you stopped by. When I changed my template I lost all of my links...yours was one of them.
It's exciting to try to decorate on the cheap...I think it gives me an opportunity to be more creative : ) I need the warmer weather to get here soon for the garage sales. I'm hoping to find some nick nacks, etc. to decorate the bathroom with.

Nancy said...

That is great! I have had some ideas in my mind too but we just can't seem to get started. Our bathroom needs to be torn out and redone I believe! I think there are some plumbing issues there. It seems like our budget right now won't allow us to do ANYHTING about it. I feel like going in there right now and start tearing it all out!

His Tender Mercies said...

I know how it is, that's why we are just now working on our bathroom. It seemed we never had the extra $$$ or we needed the money for something else or some other project.

His Tender Mercies said...

I know how it is, that's why we are just now working on our bathroom. It seemed we never had the extra $$$ or we needed the money for something else or some other project.

~Bren~ said...

Bathrooms are the hardest rooms to remodel. I would love a tub in my master bathroom! We just have a shower. I can't wait to see your before and after pics.

prov31rj said...

How fun that you are getting to fix up your bathroom. My big bathroom needs lots of work and I look forward to the day it can get done. :)

I bet it will look really good when you are finished.