Wednesday, October 28, 2009

On the mend

My last post here was Saturday... that very night we had a scare with our 11 year old daughter. She wasn't feeling well, do to having the flu. She was semi awake,talking in her sleep. My eldest daughter helped her to the bathroom because she knows when her sister is talking in her sleep, she needs to use the bathroom. One of the blessings of sharing a room with your sibling....you've got a buddy to watch out for you : )

So big sis helped little sis to the bathroom and waited outside the door for her. She even peeked in to see if she was okay, but her sister told her to "shut the door, I'm fine". Shortly after big sis heard a few loud thumps, opened the door and found her sister passed out. My son came and woke my husband and I . When she came to ,my husband helped her to her feet. She stood for a few minutes with his help but then passed out again. When she came to , she immediately got sick to her stomach. Her fever immediately broke and she felt alot better. It was a little scary, but my husband, thankfully, handles these situations much better then I and was able to keep things calm ; ) She is much better today but still has a slight cough....but now my hubby's not feeling to well. Boy, this is going to be a long fall/winter. Supposedly flu season hasn't even hit & we already have sickness here. There's so much conflicting information about the flu, that I have no idea what to believe. I'm just ready for spring already : )

3 comments:

Everybody's Mama said...

I had been thinking of you. I had tried to leave you a comment on your last post but Blogger wouldn't let me. Anyway...
my word, that is scary! I'm so glad your daughter is doing better. It really is hard though when these things run through the family. I'm like you...I keep hearing how everyone is sick yet they keep talking about vaccines being prepared. If we all catch it now what good is it?
I don't understand all that but I do understand what it is like to be a mom with a sick family. Hope you all improve steadily and are back to normal very soon! God bless!

wifeandmom said...

Oh no...your hubby is starting to come down with it? Husband's are not good sick people, in my experience. ;)

I think chicken soup/stock chock full of garlic, onions, carrots and celery should be stocked in everyone's freezer in small yogurt containers for doses as needed or just regularly as a preventative. There are lots of ways to build up immunity and I think it would be smart of all of us to look into that and work toward it. I heard vit. D is good for immune function. We take suppliments and I added that to the mix. Hopefully it will help.

Yes, we all had the flu even baby. She and I had the mildest case of it. My husband and son had it the worst. Glad it's gone and am hoping we won't get another strain. No fun!

I have not had much time for blogging lately. Surprise, surprise. :) I hope to get back to it one of these days soon.

Hope you have a great day!
Love,
Rebecca

Just Me said...

Hi Rebecca,

I've neglected my blog, as you can see.... I'm just now publishing your comment. Honestly, I've kind of lost interest in blogging...don't know what to write.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Lots to be thankful for ; )