Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving

These past several days have been chaotic, as I prepare for Thanksgiving week. I say week because my mom, brother , his wife, and children will be spending the week with us. They should arrive here this evening, after a 9 hour drive. It's always so exciting to have them come but alot of work preparing. I've got most of the house cleaned...a few odd and ends to do. Our dinner meals are planned and this is what our week will look like feeding a crowd. I have alot of cooking to do : )

Wed.
Lots of meatballs( using 6 # of meat) with spaghetti sauce & pasta, garlic bread and a green salad

Thurs. (Thanksgiving)
21 # turkey
homemade stuffing
pineapple yams (love this recipe)
mashed potatoes ( hoping 10# of potatoes will be enough)
green beans
corn
rolls
cranberry sauce
My wonderful SIL is bringing a ham and making a few pumpkin pies. Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything.

I will be making:
2 french apple pies (gf)
1 chocolate pie
1 pumpkin cheesecake (gf)

Fri.

Lots of leftovers

Sat.
Tacos

They will be heading back home Sat night. It's always hard when they go....takes a good week to adjust. We will miss them.

On another note .....I've been reading alot lately. I'm really needing God's help in so many areas...so many areas that I struggle and my heart is breaking over it. I've got lots on my mind. So, I've been reading "The Excellent Wife" & "Families Where Grace is in Place". Do you ever feel like you have things figured out and then realize you know nothing? This is where I've been lately.....learning to have a heart like the Lord Jesus, although I'm so far off from that most days. Don't we all need God's grace minute by minute...not only to have for ourselves but to pour out on others. I'm just thankful for God's love and that he sent Jesus to die for my ugly sins and that I have a way to redemption through the blood of Jesus. So much to be thankful for!

What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
O! precious is the flow that makes me white as snow; no other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

This is all my hope and peace - Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
This is all my righteousness - Nothing but the blood of Jesus
O precious is the flow That make me white as snow;
No other fount I know, Nothing but the blood of Jesus.


2 comments:

Everybody's Mama said...

What fun to have a houseful of family! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Ah, and when things slow down, post that pumpkin cheesecake recipe. :)mmmmmmm

wifeandmom said...

Hey there! How are ya? I have been on pretty much an internet fast for a while. Not blogging or spending very much time here at all. Been just too busy for it. I am finding it more and more a waste of valuable time. Tis the season of my life right now. :) I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. We did and look out - here comes Christmas! :) Well, I just thought I would say Hi and hope you have a nice week!
Love,
Rebecca